Sunrise With Fog

Sunrise With Fog
Every Morning is New

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Above The Wonder

Actively wait! A watched pot never boils. These thoughts have really been brought home to me the last couple of weeks as I have been watching for those little promises of spring's arrival.  There is a particular photograph that I am seeking so that I might finish a project, and that photograph is based on evidence of the bursting forth of spring. When I look too hard it seems that nothing is happening to bring it closer quickly. There are so many wonderful projects and many responsibilities to attend which take my mind away from such close watching. That is a blessing. In the hours and days of tending to life I find that God's orderly transformation of the landscape has been progressing as He intended. Although I know the season is changing I should not presume upon His moment by moment timing, but rather find delight in the surprises accompanying every part of time's moving forward. And it is such a delight to discover that which I have been expecting has blossomed; it seems the Creator is waiting to witness my joy and perhaps sing along with me in the moment. How can one not stand in wonder at what is made known and be brought to our knees in awe of the One Who spoke it into being. It is to His glory that I have been given witness of these glorious things. I am thankful.

Beyond the Wonder 


Beyond the wonder of present awe
            of morning sunrise heights
Beyond the miracles of present life
The majestic glory of God
shines with joy that fully delights.

What beauty remains to thrill my heart?
            I have no way to know
This taste of heaven delights my soul
with its lavish overflow
Revealing a bit of glory here below.

His divine Word is wholly perfect
            Not a hint of duress
Ancient truth fills me fully
The Words illumined by His Spirit
His light unfolds to bless.

His presence within His dearest ones
            More alive than life to me
Kindness overflows obedient hearts
flowing as a river
To love those the Son made free.

Symphonies in nature ebb and flow
            as waves upon the sea;
moved by power above the wonder
Surging continually to lift me
            Above what I by myself can be.

Glorious moments upon the heights
Almost to touch His face,
            Faith brings me close; I stand tall to see
I am affirmed to the praise of His glory,
Before time began, God rejoiced over me!

Buoyed in a sea of the Father’s love,
guided by His Spirit to understand,
Enabled to respond with love to others
With Christ like compassion and grace,
            More as the Father planned.

In quiet stirring of morning light
            before the dawn of day
There is an air of expectation
Creation is tuned to God’s melody,
            Waiting with excitement to play.

I am made in His image to love,
To offer prayers back to the Light.
Words inspired of the Spirit,
Rejoicing in hope for each new dawn,
            The King is victorious over the night.

I am a child of heavenly love
Having received from what is the Father’s above
through Christ our Savior and Lord.
He is the radiance of eternal God,
He alone is worthy to be adored.
With awe in witness of His glory
            Confident to approach the throne,
Promised assurance of One above the wonder,
made known in miraculous display,
Eternal God named me as His own.

3-4-10 Ina May Pummill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment